Full Suspension Frame - Part 7 - jigging the swingarm

After a 2 month break I have finally been able to get going again on building the frame, looking at my previous work, it looks like I'm going to have to replace the main linkage pivot area of the frame due to a small problem with clearance of the front derailleur and the main pivot, but this shouldn't be too much of a problem as I can do it at the same time as the shock mount.


As can be seen here I have had to cut away a small area, this was due to it clashing with where the front mech will swing so I'm going have to recess it slightly


I have started to jig the foam for the swingarm, I intend to build it fully out of foam before I start to add carbon so I can perfect the geometry and make sure it doesn't contact the front triangle as it moves.


I'm hoping progress should be a bit quicker over the next week as it feels like I have got very little done over the past few days - and I'm hoping to have this done by the end of april.

No comments:

Post a Comment